Monday 9 January 2017

Like Seriously!

Pebbles and I were lazing in bed, tickling each other late one morning when hubby stepped out of the shower and left the room to check on his handphone. I yelled out ‘Where are you going, darling?’ knowing very well that his first appointment of the day was only an hour later. Pebbles tugged at my hair and said, ‘Papa is going to work, amma’ and when I asked her ‘How about amma?’ she replied ‘Amma no work’ Those words stung me badly. My 2 year old thinks I don’t go to work because I hardly step out of the house and to think that equates to not working hurt a lot.

I am aware that many mothers face this ‘cruel’ statement from their kids but I can’t believe I would get that so soon. She is only 2 for god’s sake! Needless to say I have been in a very bad mood since the D-day (It’s Day 3 today)

Just the other day, I was discussing with Hubby how we fellow women always put the others down. We are constantly competing with each other instead celebrating the sisterhood of being women! Why I brought this up is because a relative once commented along the lines that being a SAHM makes one lazy. I was like What?!!! Motherhood is a job so a SAHM has a job not to mention an undervalued one and we freaking work 24/7!

I only have one kid and already I am feeling guilty about the house being too messy and I am not doing anything creative for myself but I comfort myself by saying that I am making memories with my kid so I can clean the house later but right now Pebbles wants me to ‘talk’ to me on the phone using a loose tile and a bowling pin ( I know, I should just get the kid a toy handphone) So don’t you dare say that SAHM is lazy. It is pretty obvious that I am in a foul mood.

Look, I have nothing but deep respect for mothers who have everything figured out and have things going on a clockwork but cut us, mothers who are yet to get to the ‘Nirvana’ state of motherhood some slack ya.

As for my kid, It is time to let her know at every possible moment that her Amma works. At home as a freelancer and also as her mother because my darling Pebbles, motherhood is a freaking full time job with almost zero benefits and with tonnes of unwelcome remarks!


*Takes a deep breath and shakes off the negativity*

Image from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment