Sunday 18 October 2015

The dreaded BMI

I started a torrid love affair with food 8 years ago and I am paying the consequences now. I am 30 kg more than the healthy BMI...boo hoo. Why 8 years ago? Well that's when I met my hubby. He loves food and his family consists of great cooks. Easy to shift the blame, eh? But it's true! And I may also like my snacks a wee bit too much.

All this hype of loving your body and curves and it is OK to have flabby skin because you are a mother is started to get to me because I am not fit. I can't climb a flight of stairs without panting and attempting some complicated yoga poses is a sheer torture for me (although I can execute the Camel Pose quite nicely) So yeah, I have to do something about it but what and how and most importantly will I be disciplined enough to carry out a weight loss plan?

I started a 'Eat less and Move more' campaign a while ago and that ended badly because I was snacking on nuts way too much without thinking that it could contribute to the pounds! I am beginning to think that I can also gain weight by drinking water...pffftt! And not forgetting that my idea of 'Move more' was to walk around my 1222 sq feet condo unit which is obviously not good enough... Pffftt!!! (Again)

The solution is pretty obvious. I need to exercise but truthfully, I hate to sweat! I hate it when my face is filled with sweat and my body dripping with sweat and the hair is sticky with sweat. Bet you feel like smacking my head with something hard, right?

That is why I joined Yoga! So I could do something I like and have always wanted to do and lose weight. But guess what? It is the 3rd month and Pippa has lost 4 freaking kgs and yours truly? Nil, zero, kosong, telur!!!! Every time I step on the weighing scale, I'd close my eyes only to squint a little and peek at the miserable window where my even more miserable weight would be glaring back at me. My sister in law was 'melting' away her weight as soon as she started Yoga. Life is so unfair!

Ok before you call the whambulance for this whining soul, I have good news which is I am beginning to feel the urge to exercise and eat right and I am going to pray real hard that the urge would stay. I need to be fit because Pebbles is already starting to walk and she'd be soon running around and I need to be fit to run after her. That should be a substantial motivation, right? Plus I want to wear my jeans! It has almost been two years since I wore one.

Oh well, enough of me ranting about the never ending weight issue..but trust me, I am not like some women who go on lamenting about their weight gain when in actual fact they are as thin as a matchstick. Whenever 'such ladies' start complaining about their so called horrendous weight gain, I would cheekily ask them 'You put on weight on your nose?' I know I am mean but come on la! You don't whine about your 'invisible' weight gain in front of an obese friend! I know I am being harsh but I am talking about myself so that's OK.

So here's to making reasonable goals and achieving them.Will keep you posted on my success story (I am being incredibly positive, here) at the end of the year (Oh, don't worry, I'd still write but would not mention the 'W' word again till December)

Ta ta

Image from Queen of Sass, FB

No comments:

Post a Comment