Tuesday 8 December 2015

Plans

For a person who plans ahead, I find it unnerving when my plans go awry. For the past one month, I have been living from day to day basis without a hint of planning. And that irks me. Partly because I don't like surprises and also perhaps it makes me feel unproductive.

Due to some circumstances plus the fact that we have one car, I feel shackled having not being able to carry out my plans.Throw in a baby with no definite routine, it's a recipe for changes in plans. Every night when I go to sleep, I will prepare a checklist mentally only to see it unchecked at the end of the following day.

You know how irritating that is? I used to bask in happiness whenever I cross out items in my to do list.Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than knowing I am done for the day and I was productive.

Ok, enough of whining, let's focus on a solution.Everything happens for a reason, right? So maybe this happening to me so I can be more flexible. I don't have to be rigid in ensuring I have a plan and I stick by it.Maybe for starters I should just have a framework of things that I need to get done and be cool and composed when things don't work out the way I want them to be. Easier said than done. I wonder how the others manage to do it? Do they work on some law of attraction? While I ponder on that, I should perhaps focus on eliminating procrastination from my life so I would be flexible and open enough to do A instead of the intended B.

I suppose I should do more people watching to find out how the others are more accommodating with changes in plans. The perks of a not working person; we could always come up with something silly and conduct research on it.

Ta ta

No comments:

Post a Comment