Wednesday 30 September 2015

Driving

I absolutely hate driving.It all started when it took me forever to pass the exams (I failed at parking twice) then when I started to drive in Ipoh while studying Form 6, I had a minor accident,  a few years later, my sister, Hazel was involved in an accident that was pretty bad but she was OK albeit two front teeth :P and then I met my husband who drove me everywhere.

You see, while my sister still drove after the accident and can even ride a motorcycle now, I still cringe at the idea of being on the road along with other drivers and the scary motorcyclists simply because I am a bad driver. I don't have blind spots, I have a blind range. When I drive, no one can speak to me and there is no way I would text or pick up a call because my eyes will be darting from the side and rear mirrors. Most of the time, I would not have the radio on too. On average, I drive about 3 times a year when it is ABSOLUTELY necessary (of course after much whining and pouting) I am totally cool with taking a taxi or public transportation to anywhere I want to go (I am sure you want to knock my head now)

But yeah, that is how I am. I don't have a phobia towards driving it's just that I don't enjoy driving. Many women equate driving to freedom (which I can't fathom) so they think I am being primitive by not driving. Well everyone has a right to an opinion right?

So life was going all fine when one fine day God decided to make me drive.You see, I have signed up for a translation class which is held in Wangsa Maju and we live at Old Klang Road (so freaking far, OK) Worst part is the class is for 2 long weeks and hubby said I needed to drive :( as he obviously had work to do and couldn't possible drive his loving wife back and forth. He was sweet enough to send and fetch me for 2 days and on the third day, I was supposed to drive Pippa's car but her car battery died. I thought God didn't want me to drive so hubby had to send the gleeful me.

He made sure the car was in tip top condition; filled up the tank, topped up the Smart Tag card and parked it nicely for me so I can drive without having to maneuver from the parking space. Darn! So I drove today and it was a stressful journey. Got lost and made frantic phone calls to hubby.Really thought he would say 'Come home darling, I'll send you' but NO! He calmly gave me instructions so I said a prayer and trudged along. I reached safely and had to take 2 Panadols to cure my headache due to stress. You see what driving does to me!!! And now it is raining!!! Going to pray extra hard that it'll stop soon.

Before you think I am a spoiled brat, let me tell you that I really don't enjoy driving! It is no fun for me. I was born to day dream in the car, to read billboards and mentally calculate all the number plates so I can enhance my arithmetic skills. So if you see an overly stressed out, specky, mumbling-to-herself lady driver (no I am not going to give you my car number and model), it is probably me so just wave and drive on.

Oh dear, one day down (OK, half day) and 6 more days to go! I guess I have increased the number of times I have driven this year... Yay! (Unenthusiastically)

Picture taken after I have parked..Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment