Tuesday 1 September 2015

Inside out

It was a long and anxious wait to watch this movie and boy am I glad I watched it simply because it was AWESOME! (May I add with a capital A, W, E, S, O, M, E)

I have always loved watching animation simply because of its wonderful story line, the heartfelt messages, beautiful display of colours and the sheer ingenuity of the team in making the characters come alive. So although I love movies,I always have a soft spot for animations (much to my husband's despair, he thinks it is a waste of money to watch them in the cinema, pbtfff)

Well, I obviously read the reviews and the synopsis of the movie before I watched it (simply because I don't like surprises and also to understand the movie better). The moment it was on (after the heart warming Volcano story) I let myself relax and enjoy the movie of which I did immensely.

I laughed, I cried, I sighed and I smiled contentedly throughout the movie and I can't help but think how nice would it be if all the kids watch it with their parents? It's the best movie of the year to watch with them (Move over, Frozen) And also I am already plotting how to break the news to my husband that I want an 'Inside Out' theme birthday party for Pebbles! I I am definitely going to be Disgust (I am so her!) Husband might be Anger :P

Not surprisingly, I couldn't stop thinking about the movie and the impact it has made in my life (thanks Disney Pixar!) so I set about reading up more about it and watching all the interesting videos on You Tube (gosh these guys are geniuses!)

A further 'investigation' led to the findings that the director of the movie even enlisted the help of a psychologist who studies emotions and professor of psychology to build the story board. (How cool is that?)

It's mind blowing to even fathom the depth of the research the team had taken up to come up with such a simple yet profound offering. 'Inside Out' will definitely win the Oscar for Best Animation (Mark my words, I am a pro at predicting Oscar winners).

I was thinking long and hard on how shall I write about the movie. Do I write a review? But there were already a million of them in print and online so I thought I would just write top 10 reasons why YOU, yes You should watch it. Here goes:



  1. It's a Disney Pixar production (Need I say more ? duh, remember Up, Brave and Toy Story?!)
  2. You will learn what happens to the human mind when emotions set it
  3. You will find out why it is important to have the 5 main emotions within you. It's crucial to have check and balance
  4. You will learn how to maintain your core personality islands
  5. You will find out what happens when your memories fade
  6. The notion that relationships are very important in life will be reiterated (we need constant reminders, thank you very much)
  7. It tells you that growing up can be a painful process and it is OK to be sad about it
  8. It will make you feel all warm and fuzzy after watching it (you might shed some tears)
  9. You will find out why some songs get stuck in your head (finally, some answers!)
  10. Lastly, a great movie for the whole family to watch. Complex enough for the adults yet easy enough for the children to understand (sorry for being oxymoron, here)


So guys, be prepared to fall in love with Joy, Disgust, Fear, Anger and Sadness (you will, trust me) and also the adorable Bing Bong. This movie will definitely be in the list of movies I want Pebbles to watch when she is older (Yes, I have a list)


Image from Google


Remember, always listen to the voices in your head


2 comments:

  1. Ok. Because of your review, i'm bringing my kids on a school night to watch this. Ken Ng

    ReplyDelete