Wednesday 5 August 2015

Grey's Anatomy

This show will always have a special place in my heart simply because over 10 years ago, it served as a portal of escapism for me when I was going through a rough patch with then boyfriend.
Things were not going great for us. I was sad, confused and depressed and Grey’s Anatomy cheered me up. I rejoiced in its happiness and cried over tragic losses and sad episodes. It was my comfort blanket. Whenever we had a huge fight, I turned to Grey’s Anatomy. Whenever I needed a good cry, I turned to Grey’s Anatomy. That was how much I depended on that show.
A while later, I met my husband and life was rosy again. Eventually I stopped watching the show although I get snippets of the happenings from my sister.
Now that I am at home and once again I get to have some TV time (only at night when Pebbles is asleep or about to sleep), I watch the reruns and the familiar feelings of happiness and satisfaction surge through me. Funnily I don’t have a favourite character. I like all of them, even Yang for the matter :)
It’s interesting to know of the various ailments,how they juggle relationships, how they deal with disappointments, celebrate joy etc
I know it’s TV but so what? It makes me happy and I like that. Perhaps I should talk about Grey’s Anatomy as a bedtime story for Pebbles who at this very moment is licking her baby seat as she is hungry
ta ta

Image from Google

-Written on June 23, 2015-

No comments:

Post a Comment