Wednesday 5 August 2015

Lucky?

I used to wonder what was the big deal when other women tell me that I am lucky to have my husband especially when he takes care of Pebbles i.e changing her diapers, feeding her food and giving her a bath. I mean isn’t parenting teamwork? Just because I am woman, is it my responsibility to attend to our child’s needs solely?
I am more than happy when my husband does all this for our daughter and he does it without a word of complaint. He loves spending time alone with her too. The other day, he took her to the football field to watch Liverpool practice and I had 4 long hours of priceless solitude.
I have to admit that he exceeded my expectations when we had the baby. He was and still is so good with her and he is now a more hands on parent than I am. I remember being grateful (still am) for having a supportive partner to go through this adventure called ‘Parenthood’. The word lucky never crossed my mind.
I came across this blog while I was reading my FB news feed and what a spot on! People especially women should stop saying how lucky the other woman is for having a participating husband. We have a say in choosing our life partner so obviously we would choose someone who would be a great father to the children so what is luck got to do with it? Our kids are the ones who have no choice in choosing their parents so they are lucky if they have great ones :)
Read it.She is so cool
Can’t wait to tell her off when a woman tells me that I am lucky to be married to my husband *evil snigger*
-Written on July 31, 2015-

No comments:

Post a Comment