Wednesday 5 August 2015

Internal Conflicts

I wonder if there are any SAHMs who miss their working lives. Don’t get me wrong, I love Pebbles to bits and I enjoy spending time with her but I also miss being able to challenge my brains, heck I miss attending meetings!
Friends tell me that I would have my hands full once she starts walking and grabbing things as I would have to be alert at all times. I am not really looking forward to it because seriously, who would want their child to grow super fast?
But although I would soon be so occupied with Pebbles, would I be satisfied with being a SAHM? Does it make me a bad mother for voicing this out? Oh dear!
Deep down I feel my biggest fear is losing myself amidst the commitments I have for my family. Will I be identified as a person of her own without being addressed as So and So’s wife or Pebbles mother? Is it an issue if I am not?
I suppose I need to reach deep down within me to solve this internal dilemma.
Sigh…issues faced by a conflicted person
-Written on July 22, 2015-

No comments:

Post a Comment