Wednesday 5 August 2015

French Parenting

Since I was feeling all blue yesterday, I decided to get some therapy. No, I didn’t lay down on a lounge chair and talk to a therapist neither did I exercise (although I am fully aware that it’s the BEST remedy). I simply dived into my Mount Kilimanjaro height laundry. As I folded the clothes, I began to relax and sent away all my worries ( In actual fact, I stored them somewhere in the corner of my mind to revisit later) I can’t help it! I am a born worrier.
I told myself to take it easy and take one step at a time. Folding clothes and talking to myself did wonders to my conflicted mind and soon I found myself reaching out for a long discarded book to nourish my soul.
When I was pregnant for Pebbles, I got myself some Chicken Soup for the Souls books. The New Mom, Parenthood and Mother & Daughter editions were simply great and heart warming to read. My husband’s cousin lent me a book called Baby Whisperer which gave many useful tips to basically mould your baby effectively :)
I also bought one book which I did not manage to read. I meant, I read a few pages but I lost interest in it or more like I thought the Baby Whisperer was a more informative and helpful book to read. The book I am rambling about is ‘Bringing Up Bebe” by Pamela Druckerman.
As I immersed myself in the pages, I thought rather belatedly that I should have finished reading the book aeons ago! Druckerman gives such vivid and insightful perspective in raising good kids the way French people do packed with statistics and studies. It is also very entertaining to read about French women’s perspective on babies, childbirth, breastfeeding, losing weight after birth and manners. Can’t wait to read the rest of the book and I will definitely recommend all soon to be mothers to read it.
41kBIssTqlL
Do you know that French women give themselves 3 months to lose all the pregnancy weight? I am behind by 5 months.Yikes!
-Written on July 23, 2015-

No comments:

Post a Comment