Wednesday 5 August 2015

Yummy Food, Great Company

I married into a family of great cooks which means two things;
1) I ALWAYS have super yummy food
2) I will always feel that my cooking sucks
Number 2 can be dealt with as everyone knows I can’t cook but husband insists that it is not ‘I can’t’ it is more of ‘I won’t’. Oh well, you can bring the horse to the water but you can’t force it to drink right?
I have known my in-laws for 8 long years (So I suppose you can understand the effects of the wonderful cooking on my waistline) and my taste buds have gone through a revolution of acquired taste. Most of them are into traditional Indian cooking but there is a cousin who loves to experiment with food and always manages to whip something mouth-watering and delicious for us.
This cousin of ours loves to cook and bake. She absolutely loves slaving in the kitchen (Obviously, she doesn’t see it as a form of slavery) She is the one person my husband loves to compare me with. And the problem is she is so lovable that I don’t mind being compared to her :P
Last weekend, (in our bid to increase adult interactions) we paid her a visit. Obviously, being the polite us, we informed earlier that we were coming. Our gleeful cousin set about making us stuffed with yummy food.
This is what we had as appetizers:
1) Egg and caviar sandwiches
2) Jelly topped with grapes swimming in evaporated milk
3) Chocolate cupcakes with cream on the top (simply decadent)
Main course:
1) Middle Eastern Lamb and Egg wedges (which was out of this world)
Middle Eastern Lamb and egg wedges
2) Pigs in blanket (I had so much until I could ‘Oink’)
3) Grapes, cheese and apple salad
Needless to say we were stuffed to the brim and we enjoyed her company along with her husband’s and her adorable 6-year-old daughter who was doting on Pebbles. We had fun gabbing away till almost 1am
It made me wonder that life is all about having great food and wonderful company. Don’t you think so?
-Written on July 4, 2015-

No comments:

Post a Comment