Wednesday 5 August 2015

Time Management

When I quit my job, I had a picture in my mind where I could allocate some hours in the day doing these:
  • Reading
  • Exercising
  • Blogging
  • Tidying up my house
  • Playing with Pebbles and making sure she understands alphabets (ok she is 7 months only but I have high hopes for my daughter)
  • Spending quality time with hubby
Well I am into 2nd week of being SAHM and have already failed in allocating time for the above tasks effectively. I need to add, failed miserably! Being a creature of routine, I find it unnerving having my routines changed every day. Some day I am up at 7am sipping a hot cup of coffee and mulling over the day’s activities and some days I am frantically trying to squeeze all the tasks in small frame of time.
Take today for an instance; It’s almost 12.15pm. I have been facing the laptop since 11am. Did a bit of work for mum, called her to tell her that I have completed it and listened to her rant about her impending assignment. She also informed me that my little niece is unwell so I called my sister, tried to sound emphatic while my mind was working over the things I wanted to write in my entry today. I am such a horrible sister! Spoke to my niece in the best syrupy voice I can muster and set down to write this. I have dishes to wash, laundry to dry and house to tidy up and this has to be done by 2.30pm. Have I told you that I haven’t showered?
For a super mum, this is such an easy feat but for a mum who walks like a sloth, who day dreams, who often doesn’t complete a task only to start another new one like me, it is a torture. Add on being sleep deprived! Pebbles has flu and hardly slept last night. I think I only slept for 2 hours cumulatively. As I gaze at my bed longingly, my mind screams to attend to the sink which is overflowing with dirty dishes. Oh dear, how in the world do you ladies do it?!!
It’s almost 12.30pm now,I am hungry but I need to tackle the household chores first.  But maybe I could eat a teeny-weeny bar of chocolate, you know for energy sake.
ta ta
-written on June 17, 2015-

No comments:

Post a Comment