Wednesday 5 August 2015

Pebbles

There are times I am more than convinced that I had given birth to a teenager instead of a helpless little baby.
Pebbles is at the stage where she screams all the time for everything. Both father and daughter had screaming match the other night and both fell asleep a while later out of exhaustion. The mother in the meantime is partially deaf, thank you very much. It was pretty clear to me that Pebbles was screaming because she was clearly irritated having asked to sleep when she was not sleepy hence the screaming but hubby cleverly converted it into a game. When she screamed, he screamed louder and that prompted her to scream even louder and the frequency grew steadily higher. She made sure she had the last scream before she slept. She did not want to give in to her dad.
At 7 1/2 months of age, Pebbles had not crawled yet and the paranoid me has started to stress out. So the clever me (or so I think) devised some tricks where I get Pebbles to try to get the things she wants by placing them out of her reach. At this point, my daughter has somehow learned to careen her back as she much as she can and stretch out her cute little stubby fingers to grab hold of the things. And I thought, ‘hmm, that’s clever’.
Now Pebbles is always placed on a giant play mate so she doesn’t hurt her head if she falls backwards. The little cheeky one somehow moved out of the mat only to move it once again with her cute little stubby fingers so the object will come closer to her and only this morning she literally flipped the mat so the object rolled towards her. I swear she had a triumphant look on her face. It got me thinking if this little baby of mine is pure genius or downright lazy?!
She eats when she wants to. She sleeps when she wants to and nobody can force her to do anything against her wishes. Only last night, she stared at her dad when he very slightly reprimanded her for being a cry baby. She is only 7 months! God alone knows what  would I do when she starts rolling her eyes at me.
Please take your time to grow, Pebbles…

-written on June 23, 2015-

No comments:

Post a Comment